Recipe by Maggie Lindsey
This highly addictive snack mix is a must during the holiday season. Although it can be made with regular M&Ms at any time in the year, I limit it to Christmas for my own health. Trust me, it may seem like a lot, however, it will disappear in no time. Add this super easy recipe to your holiday cookbook, as people will be counting down the days until it’s time to have Christmas Crack again!
What you’ll need:
5 cups of Chex cereal (rice or corn)
3 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups of Cheerios
2 cups of M&Ms (preferably Christmas colors)
24 oz (1 block) of Almond Bark (or white chocolate)
- Mix Chex, pretzels, Cheerios and M&Ms in a large bowl.
- Melt Almond Bark in a double boiler*
- Pour melted Almond Bark over chex-mix and mix to evenly coat cereal
- Spread the mixture on parchment paper and let dry until hard (about 1 hour)
- Crack the chex mix into pieces the size of your liking
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week*
*If you don’t have a double boiler, melt in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
*Personally, I enjoy my Christmas Crack frozen, however it can be stored in the fridge, freezer or countertop (depending on your preference).
recipe adapted from What's Gaby Cooking